Use Tarot cards for Holistic Improvement! (IV)
Whenever you read your Tarot deck, for yourself or for others, you are making a special connection with these high symbols through the Archetypes contained in the Major and Minor Arcana. But the Tarot Cards can be also used for meditation, visualization, a reprogramming your subconscious mind.
With this post, we will keep working deeper to achieve a better connection with your mental and spiritual self working with your Tarot deck.
Fourth Door: Smell.
Usually forgotten and unappreciated, the sense of smell is key to many emotions and memories strongly anchored in our brains. Can you remember a loved one baking cake or cookies during your childhood? How do you feel now when you smell those fresh scents now? I feel happy, warm and sometimes nostalgic. And I want to eat those cookies in order to keep that feeling of family warmth even though I am not hungry at all.
The power of smell is ignored, but strong. What do you think of when you smell incense? I think in sacred ground and spirituality. Roses? Love! Dust? Something old or abandoned. Grass? Summer fun! Cake? Birthday!. Probably you will have different memories associated to the same smells, but whatever they are, they will come to mind immediatly and clearly.
This mean that we can take advantage of scents to reprogram our energy while working with the Tarot Archetypes.
Once more, prepare and structure your practice:
- Choose only one (01) card. You are going to work with it for seven days.
- Always use the card upright.
- Choose the card that represent the inner work you want to accomplish (Major Arcana).
- You can use the same Card of the previous exercises. Also, to activate smell, you may use in this case a different card that represents self-improvement to connect with others and with your memories and emotions until developing or reinforcing clairalience abilities.
- Every night, just before going to sleep, take a minimum of three and a maximum of five minutes to visualize the chosen card.
- Visualize yourself as the character depicted in the card. Then, visualized as the character, close your eyes: perceive the smells around you as the character. For example: if you chose The Hierophant, visualize yourself seated, inside the temple. Close your eyes. What do you smell? Incense? Of which kind? Flowers? Candles? Are they scented? What about the people in front of you? How do you feel with these smells? et cetera.
- Once the three or five minutes have passed (set a timer), visualize these environmental scents in the back of your head, where your cerebellum is located.
- At this point, you can burn some incense or scent matching the inner work you want to perform with the Tarot Cards while meditating in your goal, planting deeper the Tarot archetype and its symbols in your subconscious mind, and letting it work the whole night.
- Again, keep the same routine, with the same card, same affirmation and scent, preferably about the same hour every night for seven nights in a row.
- Review about preparing and cleansing the bedroom or meditation space for the exercise. Same goes for the pencil/paper (or recording) advice and astrological/astronomical moments. Keeping a Tarot Journal with your experiences could be extremely useful also.
- I would recommend to focus in this exercise during three minutes only and then use about three more minutes to concentrate in smelling the scent you choose to reinforce the meditation while breathing deeply.
- Take it easy. Specially if you are prone to allergies of any kind.
- Pay attention to any message/thought that you receive during the exercise. Meditate upon it. Take note of your emotions during this exercise.
- Trust the process. Keep doing it in a focused manner.
- As a side exercise, enjoy everyday smells! Take note how you feel with the different smells, scents and odors of daily life.
- You can perform this exercise immediatly after finishing the touching exercise or a few days after.
Any doubts? Anything you would like to share? Please let me know! Your experiences and opinions are most welcome.
Keep meditating with your Tarot deck and reprogram your mind to match your goals. Wait for the next post with more information soon!
Lots of love,